Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Catholic Kids Bulletin!

Catholic Kids Bulletin!

Each SUNDAY, I will post a link to an activity sheet that coordinates with the Catholic Mass for the NEXT weekend.  There will be pictures and activities each week to help little kids understand and appreciate the Mass.  Most weeks, I'll also highlight a Saint whose feast day falls within that week or a liturgical symbol they can watch for at Mass.

Here's the link (It's a 2 page document)... Catholic Kids Bulletin--EASTER

The activities are generally aimed at the Preschool/Kindergarten crowd.  However, smaller kids can color in the pictures, and older kids can learn from them too.  When I printed out a trial run for Curly (3 years old), she was entertained at the kitchen table for 20 minutes tracing everything on the page. 

My background is in education, and the goal of these bulletins is to give young kids an introduction to the basics of our Catholic Faith.   I try to explain things on a kid's level, but many of the truths in which we believe are very difficult to explain succinctly and in child language.  So instead of filling the pages with words, the goal is to give the kids a solid foundation in the Faith, hoping that the child will continue to build upon that base as he grows. I recommend that you look over the sheet with your children before Mass, to help prepare them for the Sunday celebration.  Your child may have questions, and if they ask something you don't know, I recommend referencing the Catechism of the Catholic Church or leave a comment below and I'll do my best to find an answer.

And, of course, all material is, unless otherwise stated, the property of TJB. Copyright and other intellectual property laws protect these materials. Reproduction or retransmission of the materials, in whole or in part, in any manner, without the prior written consent of the copyright holder, is a violation of copyright law.  If you would like others to be aware of these bulletins, please refer them to the link for this site.  Copies can be made solely for personal, noncommercial use. Individuals must preserve any copyright or other notices contained in or associated with them. 



Enjoy and come back next week!

Linking up at these linky parties!

3 comments:

  1. This is great!!! Although, I don't have any kiddos of my own who are old enough to use them- I think these are awesome and will be keeping them in mind for other people. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this great idea. I would love for you to link up at my new linky party today as well. It fits the Easter theme!

    http://mistysmornings.blogspot.com/2011/04/worldwide-wednesday-and-my-first-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This rocks! Thanks for providing such a great resource for free! I want to start having liturgical link ups on the First Friday of every month so everyone can share their cool Catholic stuff. Sure hope you keep joining in! :-)

    ReplyDelete